|The christmassy place settings, ready and waiting.|
The cheer came in the form of company and conviviality with ham, turkey and plenty of salads on offer, followed up by trifles, tarts, pavlovas, fruit salads, puddings and brandy custard. And if the diners felt so moved, they were encouraged to make a donation to Lutheran World Service's Gifts of Grace.
|The Christmas Cake: back by popular demand, baked by Leonie and decorated by Ange.|
|June undertaking the ceremonial cake-cutting.|
|Some of the desserts that were on offer - Yum!|
The placemats proved a hit once again - this year a Christmas quiz was the feature. How many can you answer without resorting to your favourite search engine?
A Quick Christmas Quiz:
1. How many Wise Men were there, according to the Bible?
2. Which ocean is Christmas Island in?
3. In the Charles Dickens novel, who was Scrooge’s dead business partner?
4. What plant might be labelled ‘Viscum’ that is connected to Christmas?
5. Name the cyclone that hit Darwin at Christmas 1974?
6. Name all of Santa’s reindeer.
7. Which Christmas Carol has the line: “Bring me flesh, bring me wine, bring me pine logs hither”?
8. Which Christmas Carol includes the lyrics: “To save us all from Satan’s power, when we have gone astray….”?
9. What is the English title of the carol written in 1818 by Joseph Mohr originally called “Stille Nacht”?
10. Which Christmas Carol has the line: “On a cold winter’s night that was so deep”?
11. Which Christmas Carol has the words: “Joyful and triumphant”?
12. Which Christmas Carol has the words: “Tis the season to be jolly”?
13. Which Christmas Carol has the words: “God and sinners reconciled”?
14. Where was the Baby Jesus when the Wise Men visited Him?